Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Only sorry when you catch me

I don't believe in reprimanding a Basset I did not catch in the act. Since there are 4, you can never be sure who the real culprit is. More often than not there is an instigator who do not participate in the actual offense. Sometimes though, the identity of the criminal is as clear as drool flung across a muzzle. This morning I prepared the most scrumptious breakfast a Basset could ever want, the only condition for having it was that everyone waited until the usual time. Horton, always hungry, waited until he heard the bathroom door close and the shower running. How he got hold of a flat rubber-rimmed steel bowl well out of his reach is a secret well guarded from the alpha - me. The other three removed themselves from the scene of the happening crime. Bofa went back to bed, the girls waited in front of the bathroom door. When I found him, Horton was alone in the kitchen with a crazed look on his face as if he had just single-pawedly killed a herd of running food dishes. If I came around the corner while he was still busy that would have been his best - 'I am really sorry' face.

No comments: