Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Claiming of the Couch.

The Bassets have cousins who's humans are my sister and brother in law. The cousins are minute little miniature Dachshunds who can almost run underneath a Bassets without having to duck, therefore it was quite easy for mom and dad to accept their presence on the bed, chairs and couches. I knew that if I did not stand firm on this it would spell disaster for me. Like they say,  a careless once off  'Yes' to a Basset is a free pass for all eternity. Thus in our house and every where else we went beds and couches were off limits unless it was bought in a pet shop.

cousin Mambo
Cousin Salsa
Cousin Rumba

Unfortunately, Bofa does not stand for anything unfair. The cousins are allowed on our furniture since they are our guests, they're used to it and it is an easy way to prevent them from being trampled in a Basset stampede. Numerous times when they came to visit Bofa would come to me and bark at me with those 'explain this to me - you're so unfair' sounds he manages so well. It starts of low and deep and ends in almost a yelp.

fighter for justice and defender of the green couch

After the nth visit he had enough. He took the couch. Claim staked and dusted for all of Basset kind, for everyone and anyone who ever wanted to slouch but never had anywhere to do so.









No comments: