Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Nougat is unwell

She's always had skin issues, but we had been lucky for a while after I realized that she was allergic to the metals in her dog tag. Now the itch is back and it has never been worse. Looking back, a whole lot of things changed over the past couple of months and almost all at the same time. STUPID human.

Lets see - for some odd reason the Human bathes the puppy with F10 when her skin can handle no more than a mild baby shampoo. Mistake no. 2: find a shampoo with oatmeal to lessen the blow.  Undesired result. No. 3: change washing powder without thinking. No 4.: Become paranoid about their food after 2 years down the line when realizing that I am spending as much on supplements as what I do on the food that is supposed to take care of that. Change food. Add home cooked stuff. Get Sensitive Skin food for the Nougat in another attempt to alleviate her frustration. Slowly start mixing with current food. Result: severely upset tummy (Here it is not totally my fault. The Musketeers are thriving on the homemade additions). No. 5: Add a new supplement. Who even knows what holds it together. [Insert harsh word of choice here].

I am trying to undo some of the damage. Washed some doggy sheets in salty water today as emergency bed covers. Give Nougie rice and of all things, liver [insert favorite word of amazement at stupidity]. Chicken livers. Not only rich but , usually, also from a chicken. Which is an allergen. (Which makes me wonder if people who are gluten intolerant can eat meat from a grain fed chicken or cow?). Maybe the chicken livers came from a grain fed chicken.

At the moment I am a grumpy, irritated parent. My next effort will be a homeopath. Someone has to help me with a holistic approach. If a vet tells me one more time 'Allergex', I'm gonna deck him and feed him to the Bassets.

No comments: